LoveFran.com has suffered tremendously due to my first three months of teaching. Yep, I’ve been teaching since August. Wow!! That’s still surreal to me. I’ve had some pretty amazing experiences so far and I’m happy to declare something that most people are not able to: I absolutely, positively love my job. Anywho, here’s an update to the infamous list. I’ll be 23 in January, so I’ve got a lot of work to do in the next couple of years. Sidenote: I’ve made four changes to the list, but only because my interest have changed and it’s my list. Lol.
Here’s to continuing this fabulous thing we like to call life and enjoying every bit of mommyhood, traveling, creating (without an ounce of creativity in my body), loving, and learning along the way.
Graduate from college AND enroll in graduate school AND start my teaching career.
Touch at least one of my student’s lives AND indulge in random acts of kindness–at least one per week. (Ongoing)
Become financially self-sufficient AND get Dallas involved in the sport of his choice (anything besides football).
Visit a castle OR visit an African country.
Start a stock portfolio. (Ongoing)
6. Attend a music festival.
7. Attend a Los Angeles Lakers game.
8. Learn to speak Spanish, fluently.
Finish a book every two months including a reread of some of my favorites like The Bible and The Giver AND read at least 10 banned books AND read The Hunger Games and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogies. (Ongoing)
Expand my cooking skill set. (Ongoing)
Visit London, Paris, and Italy (take gondola ride in Venice, preferably a romantic one).
12. Start a business or nonprofit. *Changed*
13. Teach Dallas to read fluently. *Changed* (Ongoing)
Develop and follow a workout plan. (Ongoing)
15. Take Dallas to Disney World in California and Florida AND
visit New York and Vegas. (I have been to Vegas, but not as an adult.)
Maintain The Guide to Scholarships, my personal blog, AND launch Within Reach. (Ongoing)
Grow hair back fully and continue natural journey, meaning do NOT cut, color, or perm under any circumstances. (Ongoing)
18. Obtain my master’s degree. *Changed*
19. Write a short story OR write a collection of short stories OR write a picture book OR write a novel.
20. Buy a home. *Changed*
Try an exotic food I cannot pronounce.
See a Broadway musical AND visit an opera performance.
23. Spend New Year’s Eve in Times Square of New York City.
24. Drink out of a coconut in Hawaii.
25. Buy a piece of jewelry to later use as a meaningful family heirloom.
Be blessed and happy Sunday all!!